Growing Real Estate Brokerage and Property Management Company located in Cambridge is looking for a Web Designer Developer. Our organization has a strong set of core values with an emphasis on client service and we are looking for a Web Designer who will create the layout, functionality and features of all website development. Our 20+ professionals serve Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph and surrounding areas. We need you!
Developing new websites and enhancing our existing Web presence will be the area of focus. You will work closely with our Marketing Manager and other marketing team members use new and emerging technologies.
Responsibilities & Requirements:Your key responsibilities will be understanding our clients’ needs, using wire framing tools, using functional user-interface in your web design workflow. You will also be responsible for writing clean, semantic code front end code – HTML5, CSS3, JAVA, PHP.
- Work with marketing department to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Sketch, InvsionApp, UX Pin, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to Marketing Manager and the Sales Team.
- Develop and maintain robust web-style guides for all our divisions (Residential Resale, New Homes & Condominiums, Luxury and Commercial & Income properties)
- Provide thought-leadership on Web design best practices and next-generation digital trends.
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups for vetting and user testing, and finished .psd files for development.
- Assist in the brand development and how to convey it cohesively across our multiple platforms
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML / CSS / PHP / JAVA practices
- Develop policy and procedures, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Three (3) years minimum work experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS.
- Experience working within Real Estate and Property Management industry, an asset
- A strong visual and technical portfolio. A background in graphic design, an asset.
- An elevated level of proficiency using Adobe products (or equivalent tools).
- Knowledge of browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices.
- Proficient in designing with accessibility in mind.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Superior judgment, problem-solving, reliability and prioritization/organization skills
- Must be hands-on, able to multi-task, be flexible and adaptable with competing priorities/projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a variety of people
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills and comprehension
Education:Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience beyond the minimum required.
General Working Conditions: This is a full-time 40-hour work week, position normally conducted during business hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm, with the occasional need to work beyond these times to meet deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their submission; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or drop-ins.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If at any stage in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.